Odds and Ends

Dear Families,

Students have been terrific this week.  Everyone was on task over 80% of the time, which is an extremely high success rate for 9 and 10 year olds.  I would be beyond impressed if we can keep this up through our winter break, especially with all of the upcoming holiday excitement.

Holidays

We will have a few different school wide celebrations December 20 & 21.  There will be a puppet show on December 20 and a movie at the high school on December 21 (I’m not sure of which movie).  On Friday afternoon, December 22, we will watch a movie in the classroom, if the class has earned it (they will) and some popcorn.

I understand many students have the desire to bring me a Christmas gift.  Although I think it’s important for students to learn to give, instead of bringing me a gift, make a donation to the PTO or some other charitable organization.  I do however really like getting cards, especially the ones with family pictures on them.

Save the Date

On Friday, January 12, the Lighthouse will be presenting Greek plays to other 4th grade classes and parents.  The presentation is scheduled for 1:15, please join us if you can.

Thanks,
Mr. Cheney